Monday, December 22, 2008

Installing Weblogic server 10.3 on Ubuntu Jeos

I've been having some compatibility issues with weblogic server 10.0 and sun jdk 1.6. The issues are encountered when I was trying to create new jms server and modules. So after a bit of investigation, I decided to upgrade to 10.3 and stay with jdk 1.6.

1. Download server103_generic.jar file.
2. Follow the same steps described in the previous post, but this time, choose custom installation. I had to tell installer not to install any workshop related stuff, otherwise it would ask for home directory of Eclipse.
3. I installed 10.3 into a different bea home than the one used before.

Didn't have any other issues during installation and after 15 mins, I had weblogic 10.3 running in sun jdk1.6 on ubuntu jeos 8.04.1!

No comments: